Fancy yourself as an F1 mastermind? Challenge yourself with this fiendishly tricky quiz all about the 2011 season, which was dominated by Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel. Answers at the bottom of the page!
1. Pastor Maldonado made his F1 debut for Williams in 2011 alongside Rubens Barrichello, but which driver did he replace at the team?
2. Which country hosted its inaugural F1 race in this season?
3. Narain Karthikeyan returned to F1 with Hispania, having previously raced with Jordan in 2005. What was the best race result of his career?
4. Red Bull took pole position in every race except the Korean GP. Which driver was on pole for this race?
5. At the start of the season, how many world drivers championships were held on the grid between the drivers?
6. Jenson Button won a thrilling Canadian GP - arguably the race of the decade – overtaking Sebastian Vettel on the last lap. But how many pit stops did Button make on his way to victory? (NOT including his drive through penalty)
7. Which driver from the new teams – Lotus (Kovalainen & Trulli), Virgin (Glock & D’Ambrosio) and Hispania (Liuzzi, Karthikeyan and Ricciardo) finished highest in the championship with two 13th placed finishes?
8. Who was the only driver to achieve their maiden (and only) podium in 2011, in the season opener at Australia?
9. Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa collided several times during the season, but on which occasion was Rowan Atkinson in the McLaren garage; Monaco, Singapore or India?
10. Which driver replaced Sergio Perez at Sauber for the Canadian GP, with the Mexican still feeling the effects of his huge crash during Monaco qualifying?
(Answers below the photo)
1. Nico Hulkenberg
3. Fourth (at the infamous 2005 US GP)
4. Lewis Hamilton
5. Twelve (Schumacher 7; Hamilton 1; Button 1 ; Vettel 1; Alonso 2)
7. Jarno Trulli
8. Vitaly Petrov
10. Pedro de la Rosa
Enjoyed this? For more content, follow us on Twitter @GridGoalsF1